Termite Inspection Checklist
To prepare your home or listing for termite inspection, make sure the following items are completed before our inspectors arrive:
- Secure all animals that may be uncomfortable with strangers.
- Provide inspectors with access to the entire exterior of your home, including decks, patios, and outbuildings.
- Clear approximately 2’ around the interior perimeter of the garage to allow inspectors access to the entire facility. Built-in storage containers do not need to be removed.
- Open all window coverings (particularly blinds)
- Provide access to every room, including closets and storage areas.
- Make sure the sub-area and attic access points are located and accessible.
- Have all utilities on; water, electricity, and gas
Some of the tasks performed for a termite inspection include running the plumbing to check for leaks as well as inspecting around windows and door frames for any cracks or crevices. Our termite inspectors will often use a termite inspection probe to find weak looking areas around your home to check for damage.
A termite inspection typically takes place for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours depending on the size of the home and the nature of the findings. The next business day our inspectors will send you a written report with photos and estimates for repair.